We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and have developed a Policy which covers how we collect, use, disclose, transfer and store your information. This policy relates to processing the personal data of enquirers and of our customers, associates and sub-contractors.
What we collect
We collect certain information or data about you when you voluntarily use www.loftsolutions.net or contact us by email or telephone. In particular, we collect and retain:
- Upon your agreement, information on how you use the website by using cookies. This data is used to improve the site by monitoring how you use it. Please click on ‘Find out more’ in our cookie banner for further details.
- The information contained on your business card if we meet, or in any enquiry email you send us so that we can respond to your message.
- Your name, email address, postal address and telephone number in any subsequent communication with you and, upon the signing of a contract, any other details about you and property for the purposes of delivering a customised Design and Build service.
Where your information is stored and our document retention policy
- We store your information electronically, whenever possible, on secure servers in the EEA. We have procedures and security features in place to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, and to keep your information secure once we receive it. We only store your information on office PCs and not on portable devices. We use MS Office, Dropbox and Auto-CAD systems as well as AOL (Oath) email.
- We store hard copies of enquiry forms, contracts, your property’s entry on HM Land Registry, certificates and project correspondence in locked and secure premises for a maximum of seven years following which they are securely disposed of by shredding.
- We retain copies of plans in case of any future enquiry by you, the Local Authority or subsequent owners of your property, or if needed to resolve any later party wall issues.
- On the basis of legitimate interest, we keep
- an updated database of all customers and projects
- an updated list of project addresses, with customer surnames for our reference, for our marketing folder shown only to prospective clients during sales appointments. If you do not wish your surname to be shown on this list, please let us know in writing and we will redact it within 28 days.
Disclosing your information
We may pass on your personal information if we have a legal obligation to do so but otherwise will not share your information with any organisation for marketing or market research purposes. We will be required to share it on a needs-only basis to those providing professional services to the project, including but not limited to and as applicable: recommended Building firms; the Local Authority Planning and Building Control departments; Thames Water; Structural Surveyors; Party Wall Surveyors; our Accountant, Auditor and Administrator; and commercial printers of your plans.
Photographs of your property taken for planning and building purposes will be retained with your project documents but not used on our website for publicity unless your prior permission is obtained; all such photographs will be anonymised.
You can request details of all the personal information that we hold about you under the Data Protection Legislation. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at the address below. We will correct any information found to be incorrect within 28 days of receipt of that request.
You are also entitled to request that your data is erased and we shall review that request and respond within 28 days of receipt. Relevant data for legal, tax and accounting purposes will be retained. You are advised that any such erasure will impact future requests made by you or by those purchasing your property for details about the project and access to the plans.
We keep your name and address after project completion to let you know by letter of any changes to our viewing/recommendation voucher system. We may also send you a Christmas card during the year or years in which your project was or projects were undertaken. If you do not wish to receive any further communication in this way, please let us know in writing.
We will contact you immediately if any loss of data or a security breach is experienced. None has ever been in the history of our company.